Details of this policy are provided under the headings below.
- Collected information and how it is used
- User IDs, passwords, and keys
- Security for collected information
- Notification of Policy changes
- Updating and deleting personal information
- Contact us
Collected Information and How it is Used
GigaTrust collects personal information from our web site in order to offer GigaTrust Services. The following general principles apply with regard to this information:
- Personal information is provided by you on an as-needed basis. We will not collect information including your name, address, email address, and phone numbers without first making you aware that we are collecting this information. Personal information will not be shared publicly unless you have authorized us to do so unless doing so is necessary to: (a) fulfill your requests for our Services, (b) protect ourselves from liability, (c) respond to a legal process or comply with law, (d) protect the security of our Services, (e) complete a merger, acquisition, or liquidation (for more information see our "Notification of Policy Changes? section below), or (f) as needed to fulfill your request by sharing with an organization under contract to preserve your confidentiality.
- Non-personally identifying information may be collected to facilitate the operation of our Services and assist us in improving your user experience. Non-personally identifying information includes, but is not limited to, IP addresses, login information, state information, and log files containing information that relating to service usage. We may share non-personally identifying information and aggregate information with others, including our partners, customers, and prospective customers.
If you purchase a product or service from us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on our order form. You must provide contact information (such as your email address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date, and/or billing address) in order to use the service.
We use this information to establish your account, bill your account, and to fill your orders. We may also use this information to contact you regarding changes to your account status, changes to our policies, or if we have trouble processing an order. For the protection of all users, we may use credit card information to validate your personal data.
Communications from the Service
We will send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For example, we will automatically inform you when a newer version of the software is available for you to download and install or if there is a critical notice regarding our policies you need to be aware of.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe. Please see the "Updating and deleting personal information."
Surveys or Contests
From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys. If you participate, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information.
We use information collected on a contest application form to notify you of contest results and to award prizes. We use information collected on a survey form to facilitate improvements in our Services to better serve you. We will not send personally identifying information from a survey to third parties, unless they are under contract to preserve your confidentiality. We may publish aggregate information that is not linked to an individual respondent.
User IDs, Passwords, and Keys
You must provide a user ID (your email address) and a password in order to access the Service. GigaTrust will assign cryptographic keys to your user ID and store these keys on your machine in order to verify your identity when accessing our service.
Each time you connect to our Services, the cryptographic keys identifying your computer and account information are passed to us for verification purposes.
We place a persistent cookie on your computer to authorize you to access our services. The persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time and will automatically be renewed by our service. The cookie contains encrypted keys which link to your account information and assist us in providing a secure environment for your business transactions. If you choose to disable persistent cookies, our Service will not be able to authenticate you as a valid user.
Security for Collected Information
GigaTrust will take every reasonable step in order to protect the security of your personally identifiable information. All information is stored in a secure database to which access is highly controlled. Passwords are stored in encrypted format. While using the Service, all information transferred to the GigaTrust server is encrypted to prevent unauthorized users from intercepting the data. In addition, the GigaTrust server has been equipped with a Verisign Digital Certificate in order to ensure the authenticity of communications.
GigaTrust employs third party service providers to assist in providing customer support and billing services. When you enroll in our Services, we allow authorized representatives from third parties to view your personal information as required to perform their duties.
Notification of Policy Changes
Updating and Deleting Personal Information
If your personally identifying information changes, or you no longer desire our Services, you may update or remove the personal information that you have provided us. Personally identifiable information we have collected and transferred to back-up or archival storage may be retained indefinitely.
You can provide account changes to us by sending an email message to email@example.com or by entering the information into the relevant screens through our web site or GigaTrust Service software. We recommend using the web or our software to ensure that the information is encrypted for delivery to us.
GigaTrust offers newsletter and email correspondence to keep users and potential customers aware of new service features and product announcements. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and/or promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.